Riley Underground
heart and soul of our community
Login - Create Account - Help
Clean out your garage on Riley bookoo! Or find local garage sales on Yard Sale
PCSing? Win the lottery? Explore homes for sale near Fort Riley courtesy of!

Do you have to pay taxes on Babysitting? What are the rules?

who's talking here?

Tee C 1
Are we done yet 2
a3497158uu 2

     » send to friend     » save in my favorites

a3497158uu --- 5 years ago -

Hello Im a stay at home and I was wondering is there a certain amount of time you can babysit here in Kansas? And what's the maximum you can make before you have to pay taxes? Thanks and Im in JC 

Are we done yet --- 5 years ago -

If you are not certified you can only watch kids off post for a max off think its 20 hrs a month and on post 15 hrs a month. If you want to do it on a regular basis I would suggest getting certified. 

Tee C --- 5 years ago -

As of the 2012 tax year, if you're married and under age 65 then you should file if you and your spouse earned over $19,500--and that includes his income as well. So if your spouse is in the Army then yes, you will have to pay taxes on your babysitting income.

If you're single, then your minimum goes down to $9,750. 

a3497158uu --- 5 years ago -

My husband isn't in the army so does that make a difference and I am off post....How do I get certified? Is that the same thing as starting a in home daycare? 

Are we done yet --- 5 years ago -

Doesn't matter if he is not in the army you are still suppose to be certified to do child care in your home. If its for more hrs a month than what i posted above. I'm not sure where you could go off post to get certified. 

page 1
Login to add your comments!

see more discussions about...


Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Ice Box

Riley Underground